Legal Insider Bot

Weight Loss After Pregnancy - 3 Critical Questions To Ask Yourself To Ensure You Are Ready

When I had my first child at the age of 26, I found it quite easy to bounce back to my pre-pregnancy shape. After my second child however just five years later, I found it more difficult than I expected to get back into my old jeans.
After much trial and error, I discovered that I made 3 common mistakes that literally stalled my post-pregnancy weight loss plans. Here are 3 questions you should ask yourself to determine if you are truly ready to begin losing the baby weight.
Question #1 - Have I Spoken To My Doctor About My Weight Loss Goals?
Often new moms are so anxious to burn the unwanted baby fat, they start a diet and exercise plan that is not safe nor is it sustainable. According to research, childbirth is one of the most physically traumatic experiences a woman will have. Before considering any diet or exercise program, it is very important to consult your physician.
Question #2 - Will I Breastfeed My New Baby?
While diet and exercise may not affect the nutritious properties of a mother's breast milk, they can affect the amount of milk a new mom is able to produce. In addition, the natural taste of your milk supply may be altered which has been known to increase the chances of a newborn refusing to fully latch onto mom's breast.
Many experts agree that you should not consider dieting until at least 6 weeks after giving birth, 8 weeks if you are planning to breastfeed.
Question #3 - Am I Experiencing Any Physical Pain or Discomfort?
Remember the old saying, "no pain, no gain"? This statement may be true if you are a 17 year old kid trying to make the football team but it certainly does not apply to moms wondering how to lose weight after pregnancy.
Soreness, pain or any discomfort may be a sign of a greater medical condition that should be addressed before beginning a workout routine. Allowing yourself adequate time to recover from childbirth is a critical component for lasting weight loss.
The birth of your children is one of the most miraculous things you will ever experience. Taking the time to ensure that you and your newborn are healthy and happy is the first step towards fully enjoying motherhood and the utter joy that comes with it.
While the latest celebrity diet may promise that you can quickly lose 30 pounds in 30 days, you should do your best to stay far away.
A great way to get started losing weight after pregnancy is to claim your Free Instant Access to my latest eBook designed exclusively for new moms.
Just plug in your information at [http://babyfatfree.com] and you'll not only get the eBook, I'll also send you my fat burning newsletter loaded with tips exclusively for the busy mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment